Youth Communication Tools
- Online database of both college and high school students, along with anyone who wants to join various networks, that has enables opportunities to post comments to people, send messages, invite friends, create events, join groups, post pictures and video, etc. Page access is limited to people you accept as "friends"
- An online "place for friends" where users can post information and pictures as well as sending other users messages. Anyone is able to access these pages unless you make your pages private.
Informational Sites on Youth and Media
- The #1 online video watching site where anyone can access homemade videos ranging from humor to political to very strange.
- This is a great resource! It gives information on both grade school and high school youth ministry/religious education. It also gives complete downloadable resources on baptism, acceptance, divorce and many other topics. The information includes appropriate bible verses, prayers, discussion topics and activities.
- This is a fun site with examples of teens acting in society, skit examples, popular movie discussions, and links to other great YM sites.
- Great site for Catholic Church teachings and writings, a little hard to maneuver, but where better to get information then from the Church Magisterium directly?
- Amazing site on chastity, with saint examples, quotes, Q&A, research on litanies, media, birth control, Church documents and sexual ethics,
- Focused on bringing in Net Ministries to lead retreats for the youth group. Net Ministries is focused on proclaiming the Gospel of Christ through a personal witness of faith, inviting young people to live for Christ, forming young people in Christian character through the study and practice of our faith and equipping youth workers and young adults with the ministry skills needed for evangelization
- A Catholic encyclopedia with any information you could want at your fingertips. Also with information available on the Summa, Church Fathers, and the Bible.
- United States Council of Catholic Bishops holds many links to online Catholic bibles, catechisms, social justice issues, family topics and laity issues.
- “An initiative aimed at fostering the virtue of chastity by building awareness of the effects of pornography in society, offering support and healing for those harmed by it, and education Catholics on what they can do to protect their families from its influence.”
- This site “explains what the media is doing to our children and youth and what we can do about it”. Sponsored by the National Institute on Media and the Family.
- The website for the Center for Parent and Youth Understanding has links, resources, media review, etc. on youth culture and how to foster an understanding of generation y.