The Office of Child and Youth Protection
- delivers education programs to all adults who interact with children in parish, school and diocesan programs;
- verifies that all clergy, employees and volunteers are compliant with ongoing safe environment continuing education;
- ensures that all clergy, employees and volunteers are background screened;
- oversees age-appropriate personal safety education for children in parish, school and diocesan programs;
- receives and investigate reports of suspicious or inappropriate behavior and sexual misconduct;
- refers all suspicions of abuse and neglect to law enforcement; and,
- coordinates the outreach to and services for victims of abuse.